Wednesday, 17 May 2017
National vegetarian week: Day 2: Quorn linguine
Linguine (or other long pasta)
1. Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil.
2. Prep and chop all other veg into similar sized pieces and add to the onion mixture, stirring farily frequently.
3. In 5-10 minutes the veg will have started to soften, so chuck in the quorn mince and a good pinch of italian herbs.
4. Turn the mixture over, the quorn will start to brown slightly - then add a tin of tomatoes and at least a tin of water ... simmer.
5. Chuck in some finely chopped fresh oregano (optional)
6. Cook pasta, grate cheese.
7. Serve, scoff
Veg dodger wasn't exactly effusive in praise - but finished the lot off for supper - so it can't have been so bad!