Friday, 9 June 2017
Pork and chorizo casserole, chickpea casserole and baby potatoes
1. Sweat down chopped onion and crushed garlic in two separate pans.
2. When soft add pork steaks, diced, into one of the pans.
3. Add diced carrot, red pepper and mushrooms and a pinch of paprika to the other pan.
4. Put the potatoes on to boil.
5. When the pork has browned a little add chunks of chorizo and turn the heat down a little.
6. To the veg version add a tin of drained, rinsed chickpeas.
7. Add a tin of chopped tomatoes, a perhaps a little stock, to each of the casseroles and simmer until done - about 15 minutes.
8. Drain potatoes, serve, scoff.
I hid some leftovers for my lunch - the veg dodger finished the entire chorizo version for supper.